- Light Bright. 50% shade in a greenhouse. Can be grown outdoors in summer.
- Temperature Intermediate. 58º to 60º night minimum.
- Humidity 75 to 80%
- Water Water thoroughly when the top 1" of medium is lighter in color.
- Fertilizer 1/2 strength balanced fertilizer every two weeks year round. Can use 1/2 dose slow release fertilizer instead of liquid fertilizer.
- Rest Period None.
- Growing Medium A conventional peat-based houseplant soil or a mix for terrestrial orchids.
- When to Repot After flowering.
- How Often to Repot When the plant has outgrown its pot OR when the medium has broken down. A good quality medium will last about two years.
- How to Re-bloom All orchids need a strong root system and sufficient light intensity in order to re-bloom.
|Phaius tankervillae Rabin's Raven|